Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happy Veterans Day!

I was taught at a young age the sacrifice of defending our beautiful nation by those who served in my family, my grandfathers, my dad, my uncles and now my husband. Our freedom is not free, it comes at a great cost-lives, family time, relationships, physical, mental, and emotional toll on our servicemen, not to mention the families. Not everyone can make the cut, it takes a special person. We are so blessed to live in this country because it holds a special place in God's heart. He has blessed us richly in many ways. To all my friends, family, and husband whom I admire and love so much, THANK YOU! You all make me so very proud:)

I made several cards for my family and my friends to let them know how special they are and how thankful I am for their sacrifices. Here are my two favorite.




I wanted to hurry and post pictures, but will return to put up the supply list soon. I'm just being a couch potato right now and am not wanting to find my catalogue:) But I will tell you that I used my cricut for the star and the heart.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tribute! Your work is lovely too! #271 following from Stampin' Connection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the projects on your blog! I'm your newest follower from the thread on SC. I invite you to stop by #53 and follow me as well at www.rocpaperstamps.com

    Have a wonderful day!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete