Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Monument Valley Sunset

My grandmother recently had cataract surgery and the silly lady never told anyone. I heard about it when it was all done with. Thankfully, everything went well. I had to call her up and get after her. She never wants to worry any of us, poor grammy. I had been trying to work on my blending technique since I just found out about Tim Holtz blending tools. (They are great!!!) So when deciding what I wanted to make for her, what better than a familiar beautiful place close to home, the Monument Valley. I made my own template. I just sketched and cut and attached with tape then filled in with black. What would you know, the Faith in Nature sentiment was so fitting for the moment, "Keep your faith in beautiful things: in the sun hidden, in the spring when it is gone." I was so happy with my project that I didn't stop there. I made one for all my relatives back home in the Four Corners area. I knew they would appreciate it.




Product List: Basic Black cs #121045, whisper white cs #100730,1 3/4" circle punch, daffodil delight, pumpkin pie, real red, black staz on ink, Faith in Nature hostess set #122492 (get for free if you have a workshop of $150).

No comments:

Post a Comment