Friday, October 14, 2011

Christmas In October


For this months meeting I wanted to be included in the monthly swap and this was the "card I brought to the table", hehe. I believe it was a Christmas theme, or maybe I told myself it was because I was so anxious to do Christmas cards. I've come to learn that I'm a perfectionist and will do all I can to have the perfect card. I really don't know what the perfect card is, its just a feeling of being very happy about what I've just made. Once in a while I'll make a card that is just "ehhh" to me, but it will do since I have no time to twiddle my thumbs. This day I was especially excited because not only did I make 8 cards to swap, I ended up making a project for 7 other people to do. I hadn't planned on it but miraculously I pulled it off. I did end up going to bed at 3 in the morning, but it was well worth it.

This is my swap card using the Comfort and Joy set. One of my favorites. The music wheel went perfect with this. The ribbon was red taped to the back of the dsp to make it look like a ruffled bottom.


And this was my project I brought for everyone to do. The stamp set "Snow much fun", is really so much fun. I colored in the pictures with the blender pen stuck that in a little treat bag you can buy from Michaels and put a little pinch of the flakes that are in the Holiday mini. I then folded the top over to the back and sealed it with scotch tape so it wouldn't come out. So now it looks like it's snowing. I attached pop ups to the chocolate chip frame and centered it over the snowmen.


2 comments:

  1. Okay, these are extremely beautiful chelle. I love your journal coverings to. I really need to get on the ball. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish you lived closer. I miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete